Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Love This Country and It's People


Hey Hey Hey!

Good news! I got the email from Daddy! I am a little bummed about missing his literary comedy though these past couple weeks.

I'm super proud of Grandma! I really hope she is enjoying the experience of reading the Book of Mormon and realizing how much it truly does testify of the Savior. I'm just about finished with it and will start reading it in Spanish next. My goal is to read all the standard works at least twice during my mission. Once in English and once in Spanish. 

Mom, I'm proud of you too. I get letters from members of the ward all the time telling me what a great Relief Society President you are. How much the ward loves you and how much you truly love your calling and it shows.

And then there's Zach. Sounds like he is doing awesome! (I wouldn't mind an email from him either...just saying). I bet he impressed at his interview for Old Colony. He's always had a way with people, especially adults. I hope he is staying strong in the church and always reading his scriptures. 

How is Nana doing? She looks great in the photos you sent me. 

Speaking of those photos ..I look at them just about daily. Everyone looks so happy and healthy. I mean this in the best way possible, but I don't really worry about you too much. I really hope everything is a wonderful as it seems. 

Now for what I've been up too because I'm sure that's what you're waiting for ;) Life here is pretty normal. In 3 weeks I'll hit my 6 month mark...then we'll have conference. I'm really looking forward to conference. I can't wait for my investigators to have the chance to hear the Prophet speak. And I know it will strengthen me and all the members. 

I really do love this country and these people. Sometimes it's hard for me to be here. There are so many poor people and there isn't a whole lot I can do physically. We're teaching this one woman, she works every single day in a grocery store and on her one day off she spends all day outside selling food (for almost nothing) on the street. She just wants to provide for her children. It's tough but  know that this gospel can bless people with happiness that they can't even imagine. Yesterday in church I realized how much I love it here and how good I feel. It's hard to explain but sometimes I forget that this isn't where I'm from. That these people are from a different country or speak a different language or that where I'm from not everyone is Latina. I really do feel at home here and I really do love these people and this work.

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in it's fullness.And that His doctrine and authority is found only in the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints. I know that this Gospel blesses people every single day and that through living the principles it teaches all of Heavenly Father's children how they can return to live with Him and their families forever. I love my Savior and strive to serve Him in the best way that I can. 

I love you, miss you and pray for you always.

Love, 
Hermana Victoria Giossi

PS
You got it all for the package. Maybe some more pictures from home. and/or pictures from my college days (unless you could email some which would be better). The Mo-Tab CD is called "Showtime"...I'm pretty sure. 

PPS Sorry for any grammatical or spellings errors. English is hard sometimes. And I'm typing really fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment