Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Servicios Sanitarios (Sanitary Services)

First, I will definitely praying for Daddy...although he's probably out of the surgery by now.
Second, President has asked that we no longer use facebook even if our families are running it for us. So if you could just stop posting but make sure that they don't shut it down on me that would be great. Thanks. Also, I just received like 4 letters from Sister Sherrard (she asked if I was receiving them...yes)

I laughed really hard hearing about you in the Spanish Sunday School class, just trying to imagine your face as everyone was speaking Spanish.. Our ability to fulfill our callings or assignments has nothing to do with our gifts and talents and has everything to do with the faith we have in the Lord to be our strength.

Its kinda weird that people are reading the blog...sometimes I forget that I have that and that people can read it. Its cool to hear the stories though. When people mention the blog to you, you could totally use it as an opportunity to invite them to the house and listen to the missionaries. Just an idea ;)
Well, we had changes this week. Basically the whole Zone had changes but I'm still here...the only area for Hermanas. Hermana Sosa went to San Salvador and I am finishing the training of another sister, Hermana Anaya, and Hermana Fuentes.

Change meeting meant another day of waking up at 3:00 to travel to San Salvador. We 3 hermanas and about 20 elders in a bus. Here's a pretty good story for you. I don't know exactly what happened but somewhere around 6am we pulled over in the middle-of-nowhere for a half hour. Well all the elders took advantage of the break to get of the bus and take care of business. They're guys, they just hopped off went behind a conveniently placed brick wall and did their thing. But I REALLY had to go to bathroom. If I wasn't with a group of missionaries I might of just went behind the wall to but it just wasn't really an option. Well, I started dancing and all that and one of the elders noticed and he and his companion went to find us sisters a bathroom...no luck. So they told us to just go knock on the door of one of the houses and ask to use their bathroom...AT 6AM! I didn't want to but there wasn't another choice. We asked one woman and she informed us that a little up the road their was a "public restroom", I had my doubts but I had to go so off we went. Well, we're sisters and the elders pretty much think they are our big brothers and they couldn't have us walking around alone (for our safety) so they followed. We found the bathroom (a toilet on the side of a house-see attached photo) and paid 30 cents a piece...and the elders waited for us right outside...what a party. Man, I love the mission. Definitely, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Sorry this email wasn't super spiritual. I love you. I miss you. I pray for you.
Love, 

Hermana Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment