Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Humility in the Work

Woah! 

You guys won! That's amazing! I am so proud! I almost cried a little bit...yeah that's embarrassing in front of my whole district. How fast did you all complete in individually? I'm sure it was amazing! Seriously I want to do a triathlon when I get home. Its a life goal of mine now. 

I got an email from Nana this week...I decided I wouldn't send her her own email just a shout out...I don't want her to cry too much. I LOVE YOU!

Things are going well here...I am learning so much. Training is hard...I understand now why we always joke and call the people you train your Daughters and the trainer the Mom. I've been praying to know how I can help these girls become the amazing servants of the Lord I know they can be and I have been using lot of conference talks about parenting as inspiration haha.

This week was exciting...I traveled to San Salvador twice...that's a 3 hour bus ride each way...blekkk. But I have changes with Hermana Hale again. We talked lot and I learned lot about the importance of humility before God in this work. We talked about how lot of times when things in the mission are really hard for us it is because we are depending too much in our own abilities and not trusting enough in the Lord. Its true. When we have faith in Him we can always do what he requires of us. Trials our tests. Tests of faith and tests of humility. 

I also had a first time experience. When Hermana Hale and I were together we taught a 17 year old atheist. Kind of. Mostly I just felt sad for him because he is so confused. I realized that the simple fact that there is a God that loves us is something he doesn't understand. He comes to church with us though, he says he likes how it feels in the church and how loving the people are. Yeah, it was a new experience for both Hermana Hale and I. 

I have also been learning more about the civil war here...I plan on studying it more when I get home. Apparently it was really bad here in San Miguel. We taught a woman this week who lost her 18 year old son and her mother when a bomb exploded in their back yard. I cant even imagine. It's still a different world down here. I think I will probably have culture shock when I get home haha. 

For example I got an email from Brother Metro this week. Dan is going to Chicago but he is in the Mexico MTC... Dan mentioned in his letter that in Mexico there are just people walking down the street selling stuff and that is weird for him. I read about that and realized how used to that sort of thing I have become.That is how I buy all my stuff down here. It was so awesome to hear from him.

Well, my time is about up. I love you. I know that Heavenly Father loves you. Nothing makes me happier than to hear of the blessings you are receiving from Him.

All my love 

Hermana Victoria Giossi 

No comments:

Post a Comment