Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Tiny Country

Hola Hola!

Well looks like you do read the church news after all. I was thinking you didn't and wouldn't know about this new mission situation. I only knew they were splitting our mission and I figured they would be doing the same with others...but 58! Holy smokes...I can not even believe how the church is growing. We found out about this on Wednesday. It was weird - President called us all to the change meeting, even though we weren't being changed,  He was talking about how change is a good thing. Change is an opportunity for growth and how sometimes we don't want change but we grow to love our new situation too. Then he dropped the bomb on us that he and Hermana Glazier have been reassigned to the new El Salvador San Salvador East mission effective July 1. We have a change meeting on the 26th of June and wherever we are after that change determines what mission we will be in. President Glazier made it clear that although he will be assigning us it is through the Lord's inspiration, and either way we will be in good hands with our Mission President. I love the Glaziers and of course would love to keep them as my Mission President (they will only have 10 hermanas in their mission) but I know that the Lord knows me and where I need to be. 

My little country (the size of Massachusetts) is going to have 3 missions! I can hardly believe it! I've been thinking about what this means for missionary work here and I thought about a couple verses in Alma 29... " Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full. But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren...behold they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit." (Alma 29:13-15). The work is moving forward quickly and I am so blessed to be a missionary at this great time in the history of the church. 

That's SO exciting about the Ericksons...I've never been a Mission President but I know that they will be blessed more than they can imagine in these coming 3 years. 

The girls are getting so big but still as adorable as ever. Sounds like you are having a ton of fun at home. Sleepovers with the twins, playing Catch Phrase (my favorite game), missing me...just kidding, I do miss you all though. 

I have to go now, writing time was short this week. In my next package I might need some new foundation, I like cover-girl lux-nature 315 "bamboo", if that makes sense. Sorry I know I ask for alot but I bet you can shove everything in there lol. 

Love you lots! 

Hermana Victoria Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment