Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The 4th Of July Isn't a Holiday Here

Woah!
I think seeing all those pictures from home just blew my mind. I am not going to recognize anyone when I get home. Except maybe Nathan...it is very clear to me that he has Latino blood in him because he is the only one that doesn't look odd to me...haha. But really it looks like it was a really fun weekend. Hearing about all the food made me really hungry haha.

Dad makes this Bootcamp sound crazy!  But I would love to try it when I get home. Actually, I think I am losing weight in this area...Walking Walking and more Walking.

Shelby has mentioned to me several times about the trip to Florida...and yes I will be looking forward to that. I love the Normandins!
This week was a really good one for us. We learned a new way of teaching and it is SO powerful...I can tell already that we are going to have alot of success with this. We found alot of new people to teach and are looking forward to visiting them next week. We are working with Lizzeth's family still. Her sister, Carolina, and niece and nephew, Jossiline and Bryan, are listening to us and have a baptismal date for the 27th of this month. They LOVE the church and have been going to all the activites. They even went to the temple with the ward just to see it. You can just feel the hunger they have for more.
We also had a mission activity where new converts were invited to share their testimonies. It was really cool. One convert, Carlos, shared his testimony about how much the Gospel has changed his life. He was a drunk who basically lived in the street and 8 months ago he quit drinking. People who knew him before where in the meeting (investigators) and they couldn't believed how much he had changed. A 16 year old convert also shared her testimony and invited her family of investigators to be baptized from the pulpit...that was pretty cool. This gospel is INCREDIBLE!

Personally, I have been studying about how to become a more consecrated missionary. Or how I can losee myself in the work more. I love this study topic given to all of us by the Glaziers. It is changing my mission and they way I work. I wish I could have started changing these things earlier. I really do love being a missionary and sharing this gospel. I think about the missioanries that helped us often and hope I can be a little bit like them.
I love you all so much and hope all is well at home. Miss you and always pray for you.

Love,
Hermana Victoria Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment