Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Me Voy de Monte Cristo

Well I definitely cried during this last email. The part where Zach said "Sissy is inspiring me to go on a mission"...I couldn't be happier. I really do miss the little guy. Also, very happy to see all of you together doing the workout...I realized we just dont do blondes in our family huh? My companion said we could be Latinas looking at the group haha. It looks like the twins are growing so much! They're are going to be like 5 when I get home. Woah! 

This week was great for us! We had a baptism (see photos)! This little girl has SO much faith. She wanted her Aunt's boyfriend to baptize her and he was not able to. The little girl really wanted to get baptized this month because it was her birthday but none of us thought it was going to happen because he still had things to work out. We asked her who she would want to baptize her if he couldn't do it; she simply said she was "going to pray so that he can"...the next day we got news that he could do it. There is nothing like the faith of a child. I am sure that it was her sincere and simple prayer that brought this to pass. I love this little girl!









We also had the Hermana's Conference. It was so incredible. We talked about knowing our Heavenly Father, loving the scriptures and what Heavenly Father needs from each one of us in these last days.They had us study our patriarchal blessings and focus on 3 things 1) Strengths 2) Talents and Gifts and 3) Instructions. It was amazing looking at my blessing that way. It amazes me how much Heavenly Father knows each one of us and knows exactly what we need. One of the Hermana's said something that really hit me, she said "We are the hope of Israel" Brought tears to my eyes. Also President said "Heavenly Father has faith in you, he has trusted you with the salvation of His children"...no pressure or anything. 

Carolina, Bryan and Josseline passed their interviews and will be baptized this Saturday...but I wont be there. President called today and assigned me to be a trainer. And then informed me that I would be doing it in an area that wasn't my own (which is called "opening an area"). I'm pretty sad about this, I really love my area here in Monte Cristo. And to top it all off there is a good chance I will be training two new missionaries. President told me it will be difficult but promised me that I would grow more than I probably ever had before. I feel grateful for the opportunity but also a little bit overwelmed. Serving a mission is the hardest thing I have ever done but also the most amazing. And I know that this experience will be amazing. I have no idea where I'm going  but next week I'll be writting from somehwere different. I am excited though...just another adventure right? 

I love you and miss you!

Hermana Victoria Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment