Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Really the Service Never Ends"

Hola!
Good to hear that all is well at home...with the exception of the pulled hamstring...poor guy. So hurdle huh? Does Zach want to run track in high school? Or has this incident changed his mind? This trainer Liz sounds like a real trip...I think I am going to need her help after the mission...the pupusas don't make loosing weight very easy (but the good news is that I haven't gained any since my first area). I do miss Uncle Jared and his humor. I am teaching a family here and they are kinda crazy like ours. One of them reminds me of Uncle Jared alot with that understated humor.

This week was pretty amazing. Lizzeth was baptized! It was SO special. Her whole family came (we are teaching almost all of them) and her brother who is a recent convert baptized her. One of the relief society sisters let her borrow her temple dress so she didn't have to wear one of those less-than-amazing jumpers. She looked so beautiful and when she entered the font she had the biggest smile on her face. After the baptism we went into the bathroom with her to help with everything and she grabbed us in a hug (soaking wet) and thanked us for being her angels and then started crying. She was so happy. She kept saying in the days leading up to her baptism "I've been waiting so long for this. I just can't wait anymore." Oh man, she is so amazing and is sharing the gospel with her whole family. And her brother and sister-in-law, even though they aren't my convert I love them just the same. We spend alot of time with them and are really trying to help the entire family become members.

Also, last night, I don't know if you had the chance to see it but there was a World Leadership Training broadcast about missionary work...it was amazing! Elders Holland, Andersen, Perry, Packer, Nelson and the Prophet all spoke. There was also musical numbers accompanied by videos. One of them made me cry. It started with "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" and showed all these primary aged children serving others, reading, and praying. Then "Army of Helaman" started playing and they were growing up. And in the end they filled their papers, received their call, opened it, got set apart and entered the MTC...oh man, so many emotions. Mom, I still feel bad that I didn't let you take a picture that first day. Sorry. Then the closing song, sung by a missionary choir, was "Called to Serve" it reminded me of being back in the MTC. This missionary army we have now (70, 000 currently serving in 405 missions) is incredible and I am so blessed to be a part of this great work during this incredible time. I know without a doubt that this is the work of the Lord. Mom, I know you were an incredible Relief Society President. And really the service never ends. Keep working hard in the vineyard of the Lord.

I love you and miss you. And pray for you everyday.

Love,
Hermana Victoria Giossi



1:Sweet view of what we believe is the Volcano of San Vicente/Chichontepec (but we are not entirely sure)



                                          2.)    With Lizzeth before her baptism-her brother David baptized her


P.S. This is a quote from President Monson that President sent us in his email this week. I really loved it and thought I would share:

in the interior of our consciousness, each of us has a private Hall of Fame reserved exclusively for the real leaders who have influenced the direction of our lives. Relatively few of the many men who exercise authority over us from childhood through adult life meet our test for entry to this roll of honor. That test has very little to do with the outward trappings of power or an abundance of this world's goods. The leaders whom we admit into this private sanctuary of our reflective meditation are usually those who set our hearts afire with devotion to the truth, who make obedience to duty seem the essence of manhood, who transform some ordinary routine occurrence so that it becomes a vista whence we see the person we aspire to be....


"Some may question, 'But what is the value of such an illustrious list of heroes and heroines, even a private Hall of Fame?' I answer. When we obey, as did Adam, endure as did Job, teach as did Paul, testify as did Peter, serve as did Nephi, give ourselves as did the prophet Joseph, respond as did Ruth, honor as did Mary, and live as did Christ, we are born anew. All power becomes ours. Cast off forever is the old self and with it defeat, despair, doubt, and disbelief. To a newness of life we come--a life of faith, hope, courage, and joy. No task looms too large. No responsibility weighs too heavily. No duty is a burden. All things become possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment