Thursday, August 22, 2013

In the Streets of El Salvador

Hello,
First things first...OUCH Zach! Sounds pretty painful. But I have to say that as I was reading that I was thinking "What about football?" and then "Maybe Zach shouldn't play football, something always seems to happen whenever its time to play." Good to know Zach was thinking the same way...here in the mission when that happens we blame it on the Spirit haha.

This week was a good one. We are working really hard and we are just happy. Things aren't going perfectly and we are learning everyday but we are always smiling and always working to improve.We have this couple that we're teaching, Jose and Mari, they are awesome! They absolutely love us and they just crack me up. Meeting with them is always the highlight of my day. And whenever Mari prays she ALWAYS prays for our families...that really touches me. Just thought I'd let you know.

Last Monday for P-Day we went to Morazon and enjoyed a relaxing day in the mountain home of a member. The house was gorgeous and we had fun cooking lunch, playing soccer and going on a little hike in the rain. 




This week we had a training meeting for all the new missionaries and their trainers. It was amazing...I am so lucky to have President and Hermana Glazier. We talked about a lot of things but my favorite was when we talked about how we choose to be happy. Hermana Glazier shared Alma 26:27 (one of my favorite scriptures) and talked about how suffering is part of life and it is the only way that we can grow. But we can always choose to be happy...even when things aren't easy. President talked about how the things that we do here will effect us for the rest of our lives. He mentioned how his life and the lives of generations to come were changed on the streets of Santiago Chile 40 years ago. I don't know why but that really hit me. What I am doing here in the streets of El Salvador will have more effects than I have thought about before. I am learning so much, this experience is changing me forever.  I love these streets and I know that the things that have happened here will always be a part of me. Yeah, I guess I'm just sentimental because that really inspired me.

Oh, I have a request. Do you think you could email me a couple pictures from my baptism. Thank you!

Love you!
Hermana Victoria Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment