Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All is well...All is well

December 30, 2013

Hello Family,

Well it has been an exciting week! Talking to you was great! A little
weird too though.

Hermana Fuentes and I had a week of little miracles. We worked hard to
turn our weaknesses into strengths and prayed everyday for the ability
to do so. And we saw it happen.

Then there is the miracle that is Katherine's baptism. I love this
little girl. She lives with her grandma because her mother basically
doesnt love her. She was supposed to be baptized this Saturday but
went to her village for Christmas and we didnt see her all week so she
couldn't have her interview. We decided to fast for her so that she
could be baptized this weekend...and it worked. Thanks to some
superhuman efforts from her uncle (who we have been re-activating) she
was able to be baptized Sunday morning at 7:30am right before church.
She was SO HAPPY when she came out of the water and had the biggest
smile on her face. And then Sacrament meeting was the primary program
so she bore her testimony. She almost cried saying " I know that Jesus
loves me . I'm so happy that I could be baptized this morning. Thanks
to my Uncle and the Hermanas." It was so sweet.



Then Sunday got really exciting. I'm pretty sure President wrote you a
letter, but if you don't know the Volcano in San Miguel erupted in the
middle of sacrament meeting. It wasn't that bad, no lava or anything
just a lot of smoke and ashes. President was close by and within
minutes they had a bus waiting to evacuate all of us missionaries. The
members where amazing and cared for us like their own children. We are
now all safe in San Salvador and will be working hard here until we
get the okay to return to San Miguel. Really I just want to go back. I
miss my area. I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for us and
that he really does protect His missionaries. NEVER in my life did I
imagine I would be fleeing from an errupting volcano but just another
adventure right? I promise that I'm fine...just a little cold...San
Salvador is chilly. haha.






I love you and miss you. You are always in my prayers.

Love,
Hermana Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment