Friday, January 24, 2014

Back in San Miguel

January 6, 2014



Did you not get the email from Hermana Glzier about the volcano? Oh well, like I said it was cool. I did not however like being taken from my area and being back in San Salvador. I felt like I had abandoned Gavidia. We came back here on Tuesday just in time for New Years. They sent us with masks and everything but when we got back there wasn't anything here...all the ash and smoke and everything went to the other side (toward San Salvador). 

We spent New Years with an investigator. She lives alone, her husband died 19 years ago and her children live in San Salvador. She made us "Panes con Pollo" and it was delicious. Then we went home and slept because I was beat! Traveling to and from SS takes alot out of you. 

Apparently the gases from the volcano are still in the air on the other side of the volcano and President took the 6 sisters that were serving there out of the area. So we are a trio again with Hermana Walstrohm from Peru. She is my first companion from South America. 

There are changes this week. I'm pretty sure that either Hermana Fuentes or I will be changed. We've been together for 5 months now and that almost never happens. I really want to stay here. I hope to finish my mission in this area actually. 

Things are going well. I am happy. This week I didn't take any pictures...sorry. But I will send you this one that I sent to Shelby. 

Also, could you start looking for job opportunities for me that would be awesome. 

I love you and miss you. Pray for you always. 

Hermana Giossi 

No comments:

Post a Comment