Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Time!

December 16, 2013

First, I'm totally for the Christmas in April idea...and I vote for the one in the dining room because it looks amazing! So warm and cozy! I loved the pictures...
On Tuesday we went to Presidents house to celebrate Christmas with him. (No my package wasn't there, I'll let you know when it comes). It was so fun, just like last year...I will send pictures when we get them. We ate ALOT of amazing, not greasy or super fatty foods, played games, and shared our testimonies of the Savior. It really is amazing to be a missionary in this time in the history of the church and also this time of year. I know it's weird that I will miss two Christmas at home but I really do enjoy it here.
Last night a whole bunch of members from the ward piled into a couple cars and we went Christmas caroling to the less-active members. I was SO happy! Seriously, I just felt so much joy. We also had made them small gifts and they let me give them to each member, it was so special. The people here don't have much but they have really big hearts.

We are teaching a little girl right now, she is 11 years old and very special. Her name is Katherine, she is the niece of a less-active member we have been working with. She also has an aunt who brings her to church every week, Ambar...shes amazing too, and an uncle in Bolive serving a mission right now. This little girl has a rough life. She lives with her grandmother and her aunts and uncles because her Mom doesn't love her, and denies being her mother. Rene (her uncle) told us that she loves meeting with us and going to church because it helps her forget the problems in her family. Last night we taught her and I asked her if she loved God and why and she said "Yes, because He loves me, and is always there for me when I feel sad and alone. When everyone else leaves, he never leaves and always loves me." We're hoping she can be baptized this month, the Primary President is helping us alot because she just loves this little girl.
I love this work. I love this Gospel and I work diligently to share it everyday. Most of all, I love my Savior and want to serve Him the best I can.
Love you,
Hermana Giossi


No comments:

Post a Comment