Thursday, March 6, 2014

Almost Luck Strikes Again!

Monday January 27, 2014

Hello Family. 

This week was wonderful! We had interviews with President and Sister Glazier which is always amazing! President is so loving and wants us to be the best we can. And Hermana Glazier just always has the spirit with her. 

On Thursday Elder Cook can and spoke to the 3 missions. I was sitting 2 rows away from him. It is something amazing to be in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. He left us beautiful blessings and his testimony of the Savior brought a truly incredible feeling to my heart.

As far as my "almost luck" goes. Sis. Cook was also in attendance and scheduled to talk. Well, she speaks English and most of the missionaries only speak Spanish so she needed a translator. They had one planned for her and everything but as the time came for Sis. Cook to speak the translator was nowhere to be found. According to Elder Acosta (the AP and my former Zone leader) they came to him and said "Find me the sister you know that understands english and speaks the best spanish." So there I was sitting and taking notes and he comes up "Hermana Giossi. Come here, the translator hasn't come we might need you to translate for Sis. Cook." I almost had a heart attack as they brought me up on the stand and sat me three seats away from Elder Cook. About two minutes before the talk, the translator showed up and I didn't translate. Anti-climatic I know. But I felt very grateful that Heavenly Father has answered my prayers and allowed me to learn the Spanish language. And that I was sitting so close to Elder Cook and his lovely wife...haha.

Other than that the week was pretty normal. We walked alot. I took some awesome pictures but I still wont be able to update them. Sorry. One day you will get to see how beautiful my area is haha. 

Also, I am beginning to buy souvenirs (is that spelled right?) so if there is anything in particular you would want let me know. Or some sort of idea.

What shop did Zach choose? Looks like dad has transformed my bedroom into a cockpit (you thought I wouldn't notice). And woo, Dad with two callings...excellent. Should be fun with Pete. 

Love you. Miss you!

Hermana Giossi

No comments:

Post a Comment