Thursday, March 6, 2014

Still in a Trio

February 24, 2014

Hello Again,

Sorry, but I seem to be running out of titles and opening lines for the emails. Last week were changes and we sure did have them. I have a new companion. Her name is Hna. Romero...but really its Hna. Baratta, but that means ¨cheap¨in Spanish so she had to change her last name. because Sister Cheap just doesn't cut it for a missionary. She is from...BELMONT MASSACHUSETTS! And she knows the Bowen's, and a bunch of other people. Its weird. We talk about MA alot...it's really bad for the both of us, makes us a little homesick but its also really fun. 

We also had a little change in area. Previously there were 3 sets of missionaries in the ward but this change they moved one pair of sisters out so now we only share it with the assistants. Well the problem is that the assistants old are wasn't producing and they have to have THE model area in the mission so...they took the part that the other sisters had (the most successful member missionary area in the mission) and half of our old area and gave us their area. I don't know if that all makes sense. But basically I have to learn another new area. It basically looks like a bunch of neighborhoods in California...I feel like I have been transferred to a States mission haha...maybe President wants to help me avoid culture shock. We are excited for the opportunity to work in a new area and have been brainstorming ideas all week. 

Sounds like things at home are going really well. What happened with the baptism...did it happen? Can you send me pictures? Also, Hna Romero has a book written by a member in Belmont called Powerful Everyday Missionaries. Its from Deseret Book, I thought maybe with all your member-missionary work you might like it. 

Love you! 

Hermana Giossi

Photos: 

1. The finshed map of our area...but really our area is only half of it 

2. My Companions. I will "die" in a trio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment