Thursday, March 6, 2014

Don't Get Baggy on Me Just Yet

Hola, 

Please dont get so baggy on me just yet. Haha. Baggy is what we say when someone is like ready to go home...we also use it here to mean a lazy missionary sometimes haha. But I'm excited that the bed is underway and that Shelby appoves. I also laughed to hear about Emily's mom posting pictures of us. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. But I still have 6 weeks to give it everything I've got. You will receive an intinerary soon, don't worry. I think I will be coming home around April 3rd...but I dont really know. 

I'm so glad to hear about all of your missionary effeorts. How awesome that the mission President baptized McKenna!  One on the other Sisters in my zone is from Belmont and she was so excited to hear about him, she says he's great! I know that if you keep working and the other ward memebers keep working we will see miracles! It's the promise of missionary work in this time. 

This week President has assigned us to study about Faith. This quote really impacted me. 

"I say emphatically that faith is not the power of positive thinking. Faith is not the personal resolve that enables us to will some difficult situation into existence. Faith is not always the capacity to turn tragedy into celebration. Faith is a principle of power, of God's power. We do not generate faith on our own, for it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8). We do not act ourselves into faith, for faith is a gift of the Spirit, given by God to suit his purposes and bless the body of Christ, the Church. People act in faith when they act according to the will of God. To say that another way, I have sufficient faith to move Mount Timpanogos to the middle of Utah Lake only when I know that the Lord wants it moved!......We are further counseled to doubt not because we see not, for we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith. (Ether 12:6) This is the nature of the leap of faith, a leap from the safe and the secure to the anticipated and the hoped for. (see Alma 32:21) The disciples of Christ are not called upon to proceed wholly in the dark, to leap from the precipice without evidence of deliverance. Rather, we are asked to rely upon the unseen, to trust in the quiet but persistent whisperings of the Spirit, to lean upon the prophetic promises. In the words of President Harold B. Lee, we must "learn to walk to the edge of the light, and perhaps a few steps into the darkness, and [we] will find that the light will appear and move ahead of [us]."

It changed how I looked at faith. I realized that to truly have faith one must understand how it is that the Spirit works. One must be able to recognize the promptings of the Spirit in order to know the will of God and then follow it. Faith isn't blind at all. Faith is knowing what God's wants and being brave enough to act on it, no matter what! God has power and He manifests it through us, his servants, how amazing is that! 

Thanks for the pictures...talk about flashback with that oldie haha! I miss snow! It looks so foreign. 

Love you! Miss you! 

Hermana Giossi

                                                          Making Empanadas
                                                         A typical meal
                                                                   Cleaning the "pila"
                                                  English Class "Mother May I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment